About Me

My photo
My name is Felicia Inman and my husband is Dustin Inman. We live in Huntsville, AL and have two children, Dexter and Carter. Hope you enjoy!!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Since we've been home

Dustin and I are newlyweds!!! yay!!! I will post on the wedding hopefully later. First off there are some things that I would like to say. First, we are truly blessed to have each other and our home. Second, our hearts and prayers go out to everyone that has lost something with these storms whether it be a home, loved one, or precious belongings. We will remember these days throughout our lives. Dustin and I arrived back home from the honey moon on Saturday. Moved all my belongings up to Madison on Monday. Returned his dads truck and stayed with his parents one more night. Tuesday we drive back up to find when we got home Dustin had a flat tire and no way to get it where we could fix it. Dustin and I both have never had to change a tire before, but we had the concept of how it worked in our minds. The hardest part was trying to figure out where the jack went. This was what we thought was our big lump in the road to cross as newlyweds. Boy was I wrong!

                                                                  The piece of glass in the tire

                                                                Dustin jacking the car up

     the first bump in the road


The second day we were up in Madison I awake somewhere around 11:30 to the sirens. We usually don't sleep late, but we both didn't sleep very well that night. So, I awake to the sirens going off so I turn the tv on to see what was going on. The weather station was following a tornado that was headed right towards our area. They were giving the roads and everything and when it was going to hit. They said it would get to our area at 11:40. So, I jump up tell Dustin to get up. Then I run to the living room to grab my laptop thinking I would check the weather online since I wouldn't be able to watch the tv in the bathroom. When I get back to the bedroom Dustin is looking at me like I'm going crazy because I am telling him we have to get in the bathtub. I look out the window to see what the weather was like out. The trees were still and then all of a sudden the wind picked up so fast and the trees were going every which of a way. So, I yell at Dustin to get to the tub NOW!!! While in the tub we could hear the wind outside just a going we heard a thud and what sounded like sticks hitting the house. So of course I was scared to death and crying by that time. The power went out so I couldn't check the weather on my laptop because it cut the wireless internet in our house. So I called my Aunt Wanda and she talked me through it. :)!! After it had passed Dustin and I get out and look out the window to see nothing but limbs against our window. Trees were down everywhere in our back yard! I know of 6 trees confirmed down in our back yard. Not just little stick trees... these are big trees. So we go out and survey the damage. We had enough time to go to town and get some supplies to fix the house up a little and grab a bite to eat since we didn't have power to cook. After getting home, Dustin was working on fixing the side of the house when the second set of storms were closing in on us. So we had to get in the tub again. We spent almost all day in the tub waiting out the tornado's. Except this time the tub was much smaller because we went to the guest bath which is in the center of the house instead of the one right next to the outside of the house. Much safer there!!! After all was said and done we didn't have a lot of damage to our house and I still have my husband and he still has his wife. We have our families that are safe and sound. I am a blessed woman. We were very fortunate. We definitely had someone watching over us!!! 



                                                           First glance off the porch

                                                        Where it tore our fascia down a little

                                                   The tree beside our house. The one we liked!

                                                               Dustin observing the damage

                                                            Looking towards the house
                                          We were in the bathroom to the left of that window!

                                                     They all pretty much came up by their roots

                                                                Another 2 trees down

                                                            It pulled up our fence!!!

                                                                     Side of the house view

                                                                     Laying over the fence 



So yes after all that we are very lucky!!!! very lucky to have each other and our families!!! I can not stress enough how thankful that I am!!! 

Sorry about all the grammar errors in this message I am in a hurry. Dustin wants the internet!!! :)!!! Don't have time to read through. I just wanted to share our story with everyone. Be thankful everyday for what you have!!! I may have only spent 2 nights in that house so far but I love it and I love my husband. I am so blessed and thankful to have such wonderful in-laws that are willing to keep us until the power is restored in huntsville/madison!!! I don't know how I would have survived a week with no shower because the power was down. Cold showers are not my thing. I enjoy being here so close to my family. I am going to take this time to spend it with them before I make the 2 hour journey back home soon hopefully. I also am very thankful that my family and everyone I love and care about is okay!! I love ya'll so much!!!

1 comment:

  1. Felicia, I am so glad you & Dustin are safe! What a crazy few days you experienced right after your honeymoon! Definitely a time to be thankful! Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete