About Me

My photo
My name is Felicia Inman and my husband is Dustin Inman. We live in Huntsville, AL and have two children, Dexter and Carter. Hope you enjoy!!

Friday, October 3, 2014

Quick dinner

Hello.  It has been a while so to fill you in Dustin and I are expecting our 2nd child here in 4 short weeks.  These past few weeks I have been so exhausted. With that being said, I have found that at the end of the day when it comes time to make dinner I just stand there and stare into an open fridge and think what can I do that will be really easy and fast. Tonight while I was staring into the fridge I found some chicken breasts that I was going to cook for chicken pot pie, but I decided that was to much work.  Instead, I decided to just cook them up and serve some sides.  If you are looking for a quick delicious chicken meal this is it.

First I started off by taking my chicken breasts and placing them between saran wrap and beating them with a meat tenderizer (the flat side).  This flattens them out and cuts the cooking time way down.

                                          (Before)

                                                           (After flattening)

I season my chicken breasts on both sides with a cajun seasoning (pictured above).  Then, I place them in a searing hot pan for about 2 minutes on each side to brown them up.  After they have been browned on both sides I pop them in the oven on 350 for about 10 minutes or until they are done.  It really depends on how thin you beat your chicken breasts down to.

After they have cooked I will take some sliced colby/monterey jack cheese and place on top and let melt and add bbq sauce on top of that.  It is delicious!  I have found this is my go to recipe when I have chicken breasts that I don't have a plan for.

This is Dustin's plate.  I had already started eating mine when I realized I didn't take a picture of the finished product.  I realize I served two starchy sides, but didn't realize until I was 1/2 way through cooking them and didn't feel like fixing something else.  Normally, I would serve some kind of green to go with the mashed potatoes, but who cares as long as it tastes good, right?  

I hope that you decide to make this for yourself one day because it is really easy and quick.  You could also put a variety of other cheeses on top.  I just happened to have the colby/monterey jack cheese on hand so that is what I used.  

Enjoy!

Felicia Inman



No comments:

Post a Comment