About Me

My photo
My name is Felicia Inman and my husband is Dustin Inman. We live in Huntsville, AL and have two children, Dexter and Carter. Hope you enjoy!!

Monday, November 9, 2015

Sweet memories

Tonight I am taking a trip down memory lane.  It started out with me looking for a photo that my aunt, Diana, had posted of her husband trimming some hedges country style.  Then, I started looking through some of my own old photos so I thought I would share some photos and the meaning or stories behind some of them.  This might become a regular post whenever I get time. 

I love looking back on our lives and seeing where we come from.  It has taken me a long time to remember to smile back to the past because my younger past was full of heartache.  When you loose 2 members of your family within 4 years of each other it can make looking back pretty sad sometimes.  At one time some of these photos just made me sad, but now I can look at them and remember their story!  These memories are so precious and I hope that we can all remember to look back at our past and find the happy moments and laugh instead of look at them with sadness.  So lets begin. 

This first photo is of my sister, Marie.  She did a huge part in raising me and meant more to me than most anything in this world.  I never really knew just how much she was a part of me until she passed away suddenly.  I miss her everyday and it is taking a lot of work through to remember the good things and all the great memories we had.  And, most of all to look back at pictures like this and giggle just a little.  This was her Felicia if you don't leave me alone look I am going to smack you....  Oh, how I miss her giving me this look.  I can't tell you how many times she must have given me this look.  


This is a better picture of her. This is my family minus my dad.  He passed away a little over 2 years before this picture was taken.  It is one of the last pictures I have of all my family.  This was my high school graduation.  I laugh when I see these pictures, because I don't think I got a one where we were all just smiling.  Someone was always making a funny face or laughing.  





And, then you have just the sisters.  I love them more than anything.  Since Marie passed away I feel like I became much more close with my little sister, Denise.  She is such a strong person. Have you ever seen this woman dig up a water pipe in the front yard and replace it by herself?  I have.  In fact, I'm trying to talk her into coming up and "helping" me fix our broken water pipe.  I love her more than life and no one could ever replace her.  Just in the last few months I have been noticing more and more that Denise is a lot like Marie in regards to the way that she does things.  She is so patient with the kids, understanding, and most of all has such a strong soul.  



Lets not forget I have a brother.  His name is Wayne,  He may not be around a lot because of his job, but I know that if either of us were hurt or really needed him to come he would.  He is so TALL!! When I am looking at these pictures I just can't help but think.. is Dexter going to be this tall. I secretly hope that he is!  



This picture was taken at Gadsden Regional.  Mother was in the ICU there and had to have a triple bypass done.  Denise had graduated while she was in the hospital so she came up there with her cap and gown to show momma.   

I stumbled upon this gem while going through some old photos.  This was the day that Mary Jack, Lynn, me, denise and (I think)john matt were leaving to go to Arizona!  As you can see I was still not a morning person back then.  Jonathan stayed behind to tend to the house(I think).  Honestly, I don't really remember why Jonathan wasn't going(maybe work?) I love that I was able to experience this trip as a kid.  What wonderful memories I have traveling with MJ & Lynn.  I am sure that back then I didn't appreciate it as much as I REALLY DO today.  I look back at these memories and pictures like this and I am so thankful.  Thankful to God that these people were placed in my life.  That I have such wonderful family all around.  

Let us talk about this picture.  Imagine it... Momma or someone went fishing.  They bring the fish home and take them on the back porch to clean them.  Out walks Felicia to see momma STABBING her fish to death!!!  It was one of the funniest ways I have ever seen anyone try to kill a fish!  I am sure it was already dead by that point, but I asked her why she was stabbing it and she said because her knife wasn't big enough to chop the head off!  WHAT!  Anyways, here is a picture from that day of momma and denise with their fish.  you can even see the small little knife on the porch that momma was using to "clean" her fish.  Is she trying to get that fish to talk to me?  After she stabbed it? 


AND best of all....  you guys see this look?  do you see it in his eyes?  This is why I married this man! (ok, ok, there were plenty other reasons)  Even to this day when I see this look of such happiness it makes me weak at my knees!  This is by far one of my favorite pictures of Dustin.  What a wonderful man I have and I hope and pray that for many many many infinity years that I can still get this look out of him.  If this face can't make you smile I don't know what will.  
~I have found the one my soul loves~

What are some memories that you have? 

Enjoy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment